Finding some peace

How often do we stop? Stop what we're doing, put down our phones, and sit still and quietly. Not moving, not talking, not doing, just being in the moment. 

I hardly ever do this. I'm always thinking of what job I need to do next, how long my to do list is, who I need to visit/ call/ text/ email/ WhatsApp/ Facebook. But this evening, I sat and watched my children mess around playing football. It's our last day at the Jonas Centre - rolling green fields surround us, the sky is blue at 8pm, the weather's warm, the atmosphere kind, uplifted, restful. And the boys and girls are kicking, scoring, tackling, saving, falling over each other and giggling non-stop. It's wonderful. My kids are having the time of their lives and I can't think of a better place to be. Watching them makes me laugh out loud and feel warm to my very core. 

This evening, I'm sitting outside my cabin and everyone else is asleep. All I can hear is the gentle breeze in the trees, a few farm animals and an owl hooting. And for the first time in a very long time, I'm able to properly pray to God. I don't feel blocked. I don't feel agitated or guilty or restless. My mind's been emptied and I've stopped - and found some peace. All thanks to this special place, the Jonas Centre.  



Comments

Sarah Slater said…
Such wonderful words to end the trip x

Popular posts from this blog

Working with the Holy Spirit

Let your light shine